cedar rapids, ia
cedar rapids, ia
CEdar rapis, ia
DAVE WRIGHT SUBARU-NISSAN
O’BRIENS COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT
CENTER POINT, IA
Development of previous agricultural site posed a challenge to maintain the pre-development rate of site runoff. BMP’s, including on site stormwater storage, biocells and raingardens with native vegetation, satisfied both the city and client concerns toward the stormwater water issue. Though these solutions are not wholly unique, their implementation in the design of a small commercial development in the rural Midwest is and gives it a singular advantage over other contemporary developments. This site is another example of Hall & Hall’s superior engineering solutions.
– Biocells and Raingarden to treat stormwater & reduce runoff
– Native & salt-tolerant vegetation-reducing maintenance & ensuring longevity of project
cedar rapids, iowa area
Successfully capitalizing on the project goals would require an engineer not only with previous MEDCO experience, but also innovative and fresh solutions to any issue which may arise. Hall & Hall Engineers was poised to do this.
HHE’s previous experience with MEDCO projects gave them the skills to navigate the unique aspects of a MEDCO approval process. In the end HHE’s skills saved the client time, money, and trouble.
– Native Landscape
– MEDCO design and developmental standards to increase aesthetics that would differ from traditional industrial sites
– Stormwater BMP’s to reduce runoff and offsite impacts
– North American Headquarters for global company
Coupled with the stormwater engineering solutions, a native landscape plan is utilized throughout the project, and in turn the site requires less maintenance than a conventional fast-food restaurant plan, thereby saving the client time and money on the project.
• Native landscape plan
• Reduced site runoff
• Infill commercial redevelopment