CAREERS at Hhe
HHE is ALWAYS looking for talented professionals!
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Project Civil Engineer
About the Job
BE A PART OF A GROWING AND ESTABLISHED COMPANY
Founded in 1953 and headquartered in Hiawatha, Iowa, Hall & Hall Engineers (HHE) is an employee-owned company. HHE is a full-service engineering, surveying, and GIS firm serving a range of clients throughout the Midwest. HHE applies professional expertise with the latest technology. We strive to provide excellent service to our clients, provide long-term careers for our employees and we pride ourselves in providing a positive work environment focused on career development and training. We offer an excellent benefits package and we realize that a positive culture, growth opportunities, and workplace flexibility are essential in achieving a better work-life balance.
We are currently looking to add a Project Civil Engineer to our Private Development Team. The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- 5+ years’ experience in Civil Engineering (land development design experience required)
- Iowa P.E. license
- 5+ year’s working with CAD Civil 3D design software, and proficiency with Microsoft Outlook (Word & Excel)
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
Essential Duties Include:
- Plan, organize and lead the daily engineering activities of assigned staff in the accomplishment of client project tasks. Identify and manage priorities of assigned staff to meet the client, team, and corporate goals.
- Function as a contact point for the client concerning the engineering aspects of his/her project. Facilitate good communications among the client, all HHE departments, team groups, and applicable governing bodies.
- Attend and participate in initial meetings regarding new project proposals as well as new project kickoffs to ensure a clear understanding of the complete project in order to be able to effectively contribute to the preparation of proposals and facilitate the proper completion of assigned tasks.
- Review and approve the technical approach to project tasks; and, intermediate and finished work product to ensure that they meet objectives of the client while adhering to local, state, and federal laws. Also, assure compliance with company quality assurance/control standards. Review the research and data necessary for the design of the project, such as zoning conditions, latest design standards, existing utility information, environmental issues, topographic surveys, etc.
- Coordinate with applicable government agencies and attend meetings as appropriate to assure that client projects comply with agency regulations and are approved by them.
- Design and prepare the plan
ofimprovements & construction documents, facilitate bidding and construction administration
- We offer a very generous compensation package in addition to an array of benefits to all full-time employees, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(k) program, paid time off benefits, and other voluntary benefit options.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your resume or inquiries to Kirsten Barrier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hall and Hall Engineers, Inc – Hiawatha, Iowa
(319) 362-9548 –Office